Wednesday 18 February 2009

Hotel and Travel Marketing


I was Director of this company in New Zealand
we held, among other things .. the Agency for
Steigenburger Hotels ,which included
The Crillon
in Paris

I went to Australia on an inaugural flight to Perth with British Airways
to inspect an Hotel there
which had asked the company to represent it

there I was Guest at a wonderful Concert by David Helfgott ....
he and I were good friends
and later at Dinner, at his home, he insisted on leaving the table to play Scriabin for me
knowing that I was totally lost when he played
especially for me Rachmaninov 3rd ..............
it was superb........ as he always was in Concert .........and in a room, he dominated with his stupendous talent
for music..................................................................I would very much like to hear him personally again.....
but for the moment I have his sound on cd ...whenever I hear, I think of this modest, brilliant, man with affection

.................I drew him in Concert..........................................
I have met some wonderful people during my life, and he is one of the most memorable

Posted by Picasa

No comments: