Tuesday 3 June 2008

Victoria's book A trip to Paris

My latest book
A trip to Paris
which was shown at my Exhibition in Southend on Sea
had its formal launch at Wombourne Council Chamber on 23rd May
my special guest was
Sir Patrick Cormack FSA MP
and I also welcomed Mary Bond who was the new Chairman of Wombourne Council


This book
which I wrote, and illustrated, when I took my nephew for a
few days visit to Paris for his 15th Birthday
is a very lighthearted look at that enjoyable holiday.......
when he and I discovered Paris, as a french student might
we went shopping, travelled on the metro, took boats on the Seine
spent time at Notre Dame........had dinner with my french friends...
and during all of this Jason spoke to many french people
and for the first time discovered his fluency in France
It was fun for us both
he told me that he was so happy to be seeing the real France
not just what the tourists saw
so I think that made me feel that it had been worthwhile
....................................................
and this book tells that story from Wombourne to Paris
Posted by Picasa

No comments: