Sunday 15 June 2008

London in June

During my recent visit to London to have tea at The Churchill Hotel,
to attend the Annual Dinner at The Civil Service Club,
where I have been a Member for some years
I had a number of meetings about my current and, perhaps, future books

On Saturday, as I looked for the exact locations for my next London drawings,
I talked to the Guardsmen who were on duty as the Colonel's Parade was being held prior to the Queen's Birthday Parade yesterday, 14th June

The Mall, as usual, was lined with overseas visitors
some spoke and some Malaysian student took photograhs
which they sent to me
In the background the Parade moves along The Mall to Horseguards Parade

On the next day I made my drawings of
Trafalgar Square, looking towards The Houses of Parliament
I sat by Eros, and near to New Zealand House, I drew The Haymarket
Posted by Picasa

No comments: