Sunday 15 June 2008

National Association of Widows

I was delighted when Bonhams suggested to Yvonne Karsey
that I could be a Speaker at her function for The National Association of Widows, in February this year
held at The Institute in Shirley Solihull

Unlike many previous Talks and Seminars, this was to be
a relaxed occasion, where she told me she would like to hear of my work overseas as Consultant for New Zealand Government to Tonga as Bilateral Aid Advisor to New Zealand and Malaysia Governments and also my invitation to
The United Nations from the New Zealand Government. ....................................
During the afternoon, I showed her invited audience my books
for Russia, on New Zealand, Malaysia and England.
I spoke about the many wonderful invitations which I had received whilst overseas, from The King of Malaysia, Prime Minsters and many others, at private and Diplomatic functions. The questions afterwards were quite pertinent as everyone appeared to have an interest in my eventful life.
It was, for me, an especial pleasure, as I said afterwards at tea, as for the first time, I had returned to Birmingham area to give a Talk, after many years away, as I had graduated and worked in the City for quite some time and always have a special interest in encouraging my overseas friends, to travel further into England to see the Worcestershire, Warwickshire and other central English Counties.

My photograph shows Yvonne with the books which I presented from New Zealand and Malaysia Governments on those countries
Posted by Picasa

No comments: