Saturday 17 May 2008

Oxfordshire Exhibition Woodstock Church

I had an Exhibition at the Oxfordshire Gallery in Woodstock,
where I was asked to be Artist-in- Residence

During those days I enjoyed conversation with visitors, and made drawings and paintings
of the view from the windows which overlooked the street,
and the lovely old church opposite Fletcher House
which houses the Art Gallery and Museum

My mother's name Fletcher aroused interest and speculation as to my
relationship with the original owners of this fine building,
now a visitor attraction for many overseas and local people

As I arrived to open my Exhibition, a coach outside was full of tourists
from New Zealand, I told them that the paintings which I had exhibited for Sir Paul Reeves
The Governor -General's opening of the Waitemata Arts Centre,
the pastels Pungas.. the tree ferns.. and The Beehive .. Parliament,
were a feature of this Exhibition of my United Kingdom and International Art
Posted by Picasa

No comments: