Monday 14 December 2009

New York at the Rockefeller Club

One of the real joys for me in New York
is to meet my dear friend the former International President of the Pacific Basin Economic Council
former Managing Director Morgan Stanley..now Advisor Director Morgan Stanley
we met first when he Chaired the Pacific Basin Economic Council meeting in Auckland NZ
My book MALAYSIA TERIMA KASIH had been the Official book for PATA
and a few weeks later it was the Official book for PBEC
My visits to New York are never complete without our meetings
he has an extraordinarily wide ranging background
and I enjoy his grasp of events and the way in which his
experience is, in its worldwide context, in some ways, similar to my own
and so we always have very much to talk about
This time we met for the 2nd meeting at The Rockefeller Club where he
had made sure that my seat faced exactly down the Central Park
which he knows that I love to look at
At lunch we met other Board Members, and Bankers
and for me, Frederick B Whittemore is one of the
most important people in my life
when that is looked at from any aspect, and from the respect which I have
for this very unusual gentleman
Posted by Picasa

No comments: