Sunday 4 December 2011

Dudley market place

An old map near to market stalls shows us where the Castle is......
as if we cannot see it..from every vantage point around Dudley..
the Castle dominates the view..I often wonder if my ancestors
were there on the battlements hurling things at the marauding hoards..
as Dudley saw many battles..and even though I only know that my ancestors
were here since 1726..I am sure that even long before then we were
part of the landscape, as grandfather and father soldiered in the wars,
it seems likely that their predecessors also did..
maybe one day I should search this
in the Archives..
I had the first knowledge of the history of my family... from the
Chairman of Bowaters ..He had a manuscript shown to me
in Bowater House Knightsbridge on one of my visits to him
.............................................Now as I open my front door I can look up and see the Castle..
I used to visit every week as a child
so know it well.......................................................................
Posted by Picasa

No comments: