Sunday 19 April 2009

Indonesia Embasssy reception

It was an excellent evening ................................with a welcoming speech by
His Excellency Yuri O Thamrin ...followed by a variety of Indonesia foods
which I enjoyed so much when I was there,
which are featured in the book of Indonesia food
by the Indonesian lady who now lives in England, Sri Owen ...She gave me a signed copy of her book ...which I have shown
to some of my friends and visitors
At my Talks I will be able to show those in my audience some of the ingredients
which to many English tastes are quite exotic..........for me they are daily meals
the ladies who help me, have also become interested in the simpler foods of South East Asia
as I have been since my first visits many years ago..before I lived in Malaysia as Bilateral Aid Advisor

Pictured in the audience myself and Trevor Krueger ............
who published last year the first 'Taste of Asia' magazine

Earlier in the day, he had accompanied me to Harrods
where we talked again with Chloris Flint of ASEAN-UK Business
about our interests in Asia


Posted by Picasa

No comments: