Saturday 23 February 2008

Victoria's International Art Exhibition

At the end of my first week in Southend on Sea
it seemed to be too cold at the waterfront to do the drawings which I had hoped to do
so I drove into the town and walked in the pedestrianised area
where I warmed myself in Starbucks
then
I felt rejuvenated enough to stand outside, on that rather cold afternoon, to draw this part of an earlier Southend building,
at the side the flower seller walked up and down, rubbing his hands together to improve the circulation
Two gentlemen from South Africa came to talk to me
and watched me as I completed this drawing
I had earlier told Michelle Archard on the Southen Echo newspaper, that my Sunday would be spent drawing this seaside town
My visitors took some photographs as I drew this
and soon I hope to see the results
of this, my first I hope of a series of works
Posted by Picasa

No comments: