Saturday 19 May 2012

Les Collonnes Biarritz

with Jean Michel the co owner..with his brother
of this most comfortable restaurant with a stupendous
view of the beautiful bay of Biarritz..
Each morning I collect my newspaper of the region
and take my seat in front of the restaurant
where a cup of strong black coffee greets me,
and everything in the world feels right..
Of such small things are great memories made..for me anyway..
I am now accepted by the locals who arrive a varying intervals
each morning and now all I wish is to return to my seat
as soon as the temperature moves upwards a little..

and so here I am worrying little about international trials
for a moment as I think of my return and the friends
who I will meet again......
Biarritz is there for me to enjoy
now that my enforced rest is almost over
Posted by Picasa

No comments: